Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hidden gifts from Grandma 13 years later

A couple of weeks ago Lonnie was going through boxes we had stored in our shop, and he came across a box full of new blank canvases. They had been my grandma's. She had loved painting and took it up as a hobby in the mid 80's.

 These are two of her paintings that hang in our home now.The seashell one my grandma painted especially for me for my 13th (i think) birthday, It hangs in Jaelyns room now. The Swan painting( that is a pic of my PA inside the painting) hangs in our extra room. I have tons more put away in storage!
 Anyhow when my Grandparent's passed away, the canvases were left in the house and I decided to take them home with me. I am sad to say they ended up in a box, and now seven years later I have found the perfect use for them. I decided we could use them for art projects for Jaelyn. On Tuesday I took Jaelyn outside along with some finger paint and a paint brush. My little girl will not use her fingers to paint. She can't stand the paint to get on her hands. So this is what she did...







She had a blast painting and had to pose with her daddy with her finished project! Even though Jae and her Great Grandma never met; I still like to think the canvases were a hidden gift for Jae! I think Grandma would be so PROUD.


Sunny Wishes,

 


No comments:

Post a Comment