Tuesday, May 22, 2012

time to catch up

     So, after not blogging for about 3 weeks I am back. I was in the hospital for two days and then the following week, I just did not feel up to getting on the computer at all. Plus, Jaelyn ended up having a double ear infection and Lonnie had an upper respiratory infection all in the same week. I am soo glad we are past that week and all three healthy again! Then a few days ago I figured "hey I think I'll go blog." Well that idea was shot down because I couldn't remember any of my login info and had misplaced my paper with the info on it. Today is a new day though. I found the paper and was finally able to login. Yay!!

     We have just been having some very simple family time lately. We got the little swimming pool for Jaelyn. She has wanted to swim everyday; and we have been having play date time for Jaelyn with her little friend Clayton once a week. No matter how mean one of them end up being they still give each other a hug before they go home and say they had fun playing. Jaelyn loves spending time with her "Cayken". I had a Wonderful Mother's Day! My Mom and MIL gave me some great gifts(gift card, 31 utility bag, and some beautiful potted flowers) Jaelyn got me a birdbath that I had been wanting for my yard. Then my loving husband brought me home flowers and my favorite bag of chocolates. I was feeling a little spoiled.

     I must say Jaelyn's bad behavior I talked about in my last post was due to the double ear infection. She is her usual dramatic, energetic, most-of-the time sweet self again. Thank goodness for antibiotics...  She wants to be around other kids so bad. When we took her to the park the other day she tried to make friends with a little girl. But the girl was probably around 5 or 6 years old. Then we went to a Graduation party for my cousin and Jaelyn again spotted a little girl as soon as we got to the party. She and the little girl quickly became friends running and playing together. They even had to sit with each other while eating their dinner. But once again this little girl wanted to play with a little older kids and eventually did. She was 4 going on 5. Jaelyn will be 3 in July and just wants to make friends so bad, but it seems every place we go she is the youngest kid there.

     On May 12th Jaelyn surprised me. While she was taking a bath that night she told me she needed to go potty. This was shocking to me because she had never done it. We started to try to potty train when she was 18 months old and she wouldn't have anything to do with it. Every few months we would try again and every time it was a total screaming fit throwing session. Now she is 34 months old and decides to do it on her own. Lots of friends had told me don't worry about it she will do it when she is ready. In the back of my mind I was thinking yeah right. She won't do it on her own she is one stubborn child. Well, I am very glad to say I was proved wrong. Jaelyn is in her second week of training and doing great. We have only had one day she did not go in the potty and that was do to being at the graduation party and visiting with Nana and Papaw. She was just to excited and distracted to realize she needed to stop and potty. We have been so proud of her. Her daddy has told her if she continues to do good this week she will get to go to the movies! Since he has told her that she has gotten almost perfect days. I know this is just the start, but we are so excited to have reached this goal. This was the only thing she was a little slow on learning for us. (or so it seemed) We will just have to see if she gets to go to the movies on Thursday or Friday.

   

        She got to go to the park  and loved this big slide. She has a thing for slides.

                              Our first potty chart and look how well she did.

                      Getting her first taste at the pool for this summer

           Lonnie was washing his truck and Jae thought she needed to wash hers to.


   This Little happy guy is the one that gave me a touch of baby fever a few weeks ago!
                                                    This is Clayton's Little brother

      Getting some pool time in with her best bud Clayton.

   I am not for sure what they were doing, but is was pretty cute!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment