Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Play date Tuesday

     So, a friend (also a SAHM) called last night and asked if I would like to bring Jae over for a play date with her son. Jae has known this little boy since she was born(they are only 6 months apart) and  they play great together. I am thinking they will either grow up to be best friends or some day maybe even date! Who knows, maybe both. Ha ha ha.

    I told Jae about her future play date with Clayton and she was estatic! I told her we need to get into bed earlier tonight so we can get up early and go see Clayton.  I tried really hard to get her to go to bed early. No way was that happening. I even tried to get her in bed finally a 1am, still not happening. She was like a little kid on Christmas Eve, waiting for  Santa Clause to come. After all patience was lost and it was 3am she finally went to sleep.  I too was wired after she wouldn't go to sleep; that I ended up  staying up and watching a movie and making another tutu.

     Then at about 8am I hear MOMMY, WAKE UP! Are you kidding me, does this child not believe in sleep?  After her and my alarm clock had been screaming at me off and on for an hour I finally got up. So, we go over to see her little bud Clayton, and I think he is just as excited as her. While we are driving down his driveway he is waving and Smiling. It is so cute how excited toddler's get around each other. Jae and Clayton ran around the yard chasing chickens, played in the sand box and slid down the slide until it was lunch. After they ate their little picnic, we took them to someone's house to see some rabbits, goats, baby ducks, and more chickens. I think after playing that hard for four hours the kids were exhausted.  It is only about 15 minutes between our two houses and Jae was asleep half way home.

     Us two moms also had a great time talking and  drinking sweet tea. Oh, did I mention our friends have a 5 month old too? Well, he is a cute little chubby cheek boy, with a great big smile and I got the chance to hold him.  I must admit I got a little touch of baby fever ( I haven't got baby fever in probably a year or longer),  We will just have to see what the future holds for us on that subject, but at the moment I am happy with just one drama queen!



     

     




No comments:

Post a Comment